The Top 30 Cutting-Edge Nursing Schools
A report recently released ranked a list of the top 30 cutting-edge nursing schools.
The survey was conducted Nursing School Hub of top nursing schools and attempts to be all-encompassing, using factors such as: amazing architecture, cutting-edge technology / infrastructure, world-class facilities, world-class faculty, excellent opportunities for experience, and recognition by major publications (US News & World Report).
"With modern technology becoming less expensive and easier to integrate into everyday systems, it is easy to provide students with a high-tech education. In order to provide a cutting-edge experience, a school needs to do more than just provide high-tech equipment. To make this ranking, a school has to be technologically advanced, but they also have to do a great job of integrating technology into the nursing experience. These schools are the best of the best, they strive to provide students with educational opportunities and experiences that other programs simply can't compare with," said Chris Collier, chief author and researcher for the list.
Schools that made the list include:
1. Columbia University - New York, NY
2. University of Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, PA
3. Duke University - Durham, NC
4. Washington University - St. Louis, MO
5. University of California-Los Angeles (UCLA) - Los Angeles, CA
6. Johns Hopkins University - Baltimore, MD
7. University of Colorado - Denver, CO
8. Emory University - Atlanta, GA
9. University of North Carolina (UNC) - Chapel Hill, NC
10. New York University (NYU) - New York, NY
11. University of Virginia - Charlottesville, VA
12. University of Rochester - Rochester, NY
13. University of Michigan-Ann Arbor - Ann Arbor, MI
14. University of Minnesota-Twin Cities - Minneapolis, MN
15. University of Texas at Austin - Austin, TX
16. Ohio State University - Columbus, OH
17. University of Wisconsin-Madison - Madison, WI
18. Indiana University - Bloomington, IN
19. University of Iowa - Iowa City, IA
20. University of Arizona - Tucson, AZ
21. Oregon Health and Science University - Portland, OR
22. University of Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh, PA
23. Yale University - New Haven, CT
24. University of Illinois-Chicago - Chicago, IL
25. University of Maryland-Baltimore - Baltimore, MD
26. Case Western Reserve University - Cleveland, OH
27. Rush University - Chicago, IL
28. Vanderbilt University - Nashville, TN
29. Arizona State University (ASU) - Phoenix, AZ
30. Boston College - Chestnut Hill, MA
Nursing education is becoming increasingly important in our modern society, as the demand for nurses increases with over half a million jobs becoming available in the next decade. Nursing, unlike other professions, allows individuals to choose a variety of settings. There are a range of positions available in hospitals, including head nurses, nurses devoted to pediatrics, nurses for the maternity ward, and emergency room staff. Nurses can work in clinics and private practices. Nursing homes are always in search of nurses to supplement their staff. School districts have nurses on board as well. There are also opportunities to be had as traveling nurses who visit patients in the home and across the globe. The best nurses demand the best nursing education. This Nursing School Hub ranking aims to measure the best of the best, taking these various purposes into consideration.
Articles in this issue:
Leave a Comment
Please keep in mind that all comments are moderated. Please do not use a spam keyword or a domain as your name, or else it will be deleted. Let's have a personal and meaningful conversation instead. Thanks for your comments!
In This Issue
Liz Di Bernardo